Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back to the past

It's not that I am ungrateful, but it is the circumstances that made me be this way. When people say NY or I <3 NY and stuff, there will always be this little obstinate stone forming in my heart that will not leave. Yet, looking back at all the things that happened, how can I feel "home"when I talk about NY? Many of my first times happened there, but of course, it is during the starting years of teenage, where else can it happen? My first time stopping people from committing suicide, my first time going through a cold war, my first time being misunderstood for a whole year, my first time breaking school rules……. true, there are many memories that are created there that will never escape from my memory (at least for the next few years), and friends whom will probably be part of my life in a long time to come, but it is also where I experienced the most pain and very much excruciating at that. It is where I learnt that one can only survive as the best. The weak just fall apart.
Regardless, I was just watching a TV programme that features competition between schools. Yes, NY's there. Strangely, I felt the sense of belonging…
And why does my heart stop me from doing it?

No comments: