Sunday, October 16, 2011

Formal introductions

It all started with an advertisment.
Yes, Gatsby. Well the first time i saw the ad, I was like, 'what a retarded commercial.' Then I saw his hot bod and his to die for face. Well, I can't say that I wasn't awed for a while, but back then, I was really not into Japanese culture and pop media. And so plus that weird gatsby ad, I didn't really give him another look. I think I almost didn't like him then.

Then it was Howl's Moving Castle. Of course, as anyone can see from my previous posts, I am so in love with this movie by Miyazaki, esp Howl. He is no doubt the most charismatic male lead ever drawn by Miyazaki. And of course, the most perfect character must be voiced by the most perfect man ever in Japan of course. Not that he is like entirely perfect. He is a human and surely make mistakes too, but the fact that he helped japan's economy to grow by injecting an additional 152 billion yen in one year into the GDP (like crazy trends n such) just only proves that he is THE man.

So of course, curious about the man who voiced my favourite anime character, I looked up on him and the first thing i did was to smack myself on the head. Can't believe I actually missed how many years by ignoring him the first time i saw him. Then after watching some of his shows, I come to a conclusion that he is the best actor (asia of course) that I've ever seen. Really. Kudos to him.
And yes, that is him last year when he was 38. Seems so timeless right...
Kimura Takuya FTW.

No comments: