Saturday, December 20, 2008

Whew!

This year has passed with so many fun, experience, not to mention stressed- filled year.
True to say, this has been a year revolved around Co, by far the most in a year.

It's been a week since te last day of NAC, and sure, i'd have to admit i'm the biggest winner (spare my egoism ><), what with 2nd solo 2nd yqp 3rd geco... Aye, eventful indeed.

Starting with the earliest, it was this year's CNY and the performance of taiyang in the school hall. Nothing much to say, but i remember we were all scared cos we knew tai yan wasn't ready. One year later, and look at chun... it's hardly a full piece yet...
Then it was the NAFA performance in march which derek, josh, shi wee n i performed a yq quartet. Not really expeirence filled, but there were happy memories... and a sad one too, anyway, worth remembering.

After that was MOE CO CAMP, which was of course really fun, with happy memories to remember, not to mention the start of new friendships.
And the 1st BIG thing of the year, NYCO CONCERT '08, in july. I had a solo, and mrs ee did manage to make me squeeze out something presentable enough for stage. It was quite a success, and everyone was quite impressed. I thought i improved alot! Anyhow, my thinking became more mature (musicality wise).
After that would be the Esplanade performance in october, which was pretty much screwed up because I didn't really practise. Still, it was the 1st time i use a yq to accompany another instrument. And best, the soloist is not experience, which makes me learn more.

And the the holidays began, and there was the china trip to ningbo! It was not entirely related to co, in fact, not related at all, only i had to perform (yea, i didn't even touch my piece for a weeks to months) yq (as forced by mrs ee). but it was totally screwed cos no one bothered to listen and the yq was not tuned. But i didn't care. that wasn't any thing big.

After the china trip, i was whooshed immediately into the hustle and bustle of CO life in yqp and geco, and that's on top of practising my own solo pieces. That is because it was only 2 WEEKS to NAC competition, the bi-annual chinese musi competition.
The bad thing is that during that time, i'd lost touch of my prelims solo piece, and yqp was hardly ready, i would say only around 60% ready for strong competition and my ge grp was around 75% ready.
At least that was how i felt.
I didn't evne have time to think through anything at all! My time was dedicated to only three things.
Morning = dazu
Afternoon = xiao zu/ my solo (when there isn't cca)
Night = ge pracs / my solo (when there isn't ge prac)
I knew i could pull through till prelims cause the prelims pieces were fairly ready, so there was nothing much to worry about. But it was only after i got in to finals for ALL three categories, that i felt really stress...
my days became
morning = yqp
afternoon = my solo
night = ge prac
And most of the time when i had yqp pracs in the mornings, i'd end up sleeping in the afternoon cos i was really tired, and if i prac-ed my solo, i knew it'd go all wrong. the feeling and state of mind just isn't correct. So out of the one week i had to prac for my solo final, i spent only 3 days really practicing. Somehow somewhat, i still pulled through, and the result was really more than just satisfying, though on competition terms, not so... *censored*
Well, now that it's over, it was quite an experience too! i'd learn how to better handle time (which i kind of still suck at ><) and it was fun! definietly fun, and also emotion-filled.

The immediate thing after that was NYCO camp. I'd say this year's camp (and my last as an ny student!) was the best camp in all 3 years, only not in terms of fun and games. Especially the talking parts... exceptionally satisfying. At least i felt lighter after those talks (: ( or should i say bitching sessions? hmmm)

So these have passed. Things are beginning to start again. My life felt quite blanked out after NAC. It's like " eh? don't we have ge prac today?" kind of feel. So i was quite happy when i received an sms to go for ge prac one week after NAC. To practice taiyang perc. And the thing is, there are now officially 10 perc members in ge. Don't know whether to smile or cry...
Still, there is one last last activity related to CO that would round up the whole of this year's hustle and bustle. It's going to happen on the last 3 days of this year.. ge chalet! i'm really looking forward to it!

No comments: