Saturday, July 19, 2008

丝竹琴韵

and it ended with taiyang.

yepp, putting aside all the fantastic comments i saw on google about this year's NYCO concert, i believed it was a great success, even bigger than 2 years ago.

I seem to remember, 2 years ago when i just joined nyco, feeling lost and scared (cos i was the only sec 1 with hazel), yet safe and assured cos everything was settled nicely, knowing that we were all ready for the concert a few months before. And regardless of what, it went very smoothly.

Come this year, 2 years since, things began looking hectic. Programme too long, costumes not settled, orchestral pieces not ready (to the extend of only starting a new piece less than a month before concert), tickets and poster designs, the lack of enthusiasm in juniors etc etc etc. and it goes on and on and on...
yet we all enjoyed it. Its the process that is what we will enjoy looking back few years down the road... the great times we spent practising, bonding, laughing and frustrated. Yea, this will be a special something stored in my memories forever~

There are a few people I want to thank or rather, acknowledge that in some way or another helped make this concert a great success:

Mrs Ee: for believing in the impossible (like *coughs* doing 2 concertos n playing all the hard pieces that COs seldom dare to), driving us to the limit and beyond, making sure we do our best and not hun, making us believe that we can make it in time. Most importantly, thanks for being strict and serious during dazus. Without that, we would not have improved so much as a whole CO. For personal, thanks for giving me this wonderful opportunity, which serves as a stepping stone for my musical journey. Thanks for allowing me to showcase my lousy talent, and giving me the drive to improve on my yangqin.

Chew Fei: for daring to take risks and driving us to our limits as well, doing both chinese n western perc, conducting section talks which allows us to help each other reflect and comment on room for improvements for each other.

NYCO: for making things possible and enjoyable for everyone. Without each and everyone of u, there would not have been an NYCO.

YQP: for giving me such enjoyable moments, for giving me the drive to improve on my skills, for allowing me to have different experiences and emotions, for believing that we can make it and bond as a whole section, for standing together, for our courage. Thanks for the fun times we shared. Thanks for your never-ending support, esp during my solo :P hahaha, i'd like to see u guys dance! Thanks so much for the encouraging words u guys said just before i went on stage. Without these words, i would have felt rlly empty and alone, and the emotions would not have been portrayed out in my solo as the way i wanted it to so nicely. Thanks for helping me out, esp the mallets thing and scores n qinzhus n every little logistics that was needed to be done, yet i forget or was to freaked out to remember. Love you guys~ <3

nygh runners n AVA club: Thanks for being there, despite block tests being 3 days away. If not for your vigourous training to move things in lightning speed, there would be shortage of seats and too much comsumed time, and audiences would not have liked it. Thanks for the support you gave us, for without u guys, we would not have played well too.

Audiences: thanks for taking your precious time away to attend this concert. Without u guys, the concert would have been stage for naught. U made a lot of different. Thanks for coming to appreciate the music we had offered, hope u had an enjoyable evening.

GECO: thanks for lending me the shou gu, or i'd have completely screwed up sha dier. And of cos, for supporting our members, making us feel proud of ourselves. Hope u guys had a wonderful evening too!

My family: for giving me your full support since the day i decided to take the untaken road, the music side (i know sports run in our family) and giving me constructive comments when i practise at home. Thanks for allowing me to fufil my dreams and getting responses that i liked. Thanks for helping me out when i most needed them. Without u guys, there would not have been this memorable day for me.

GECO percussion: Thanks for givign me the drive to hone my percussion skills. Thou there are only a pathetic number of 5 frequent official members, i'd like to say that u guys (yea, all male, weird) made me feel homely about ge. Not to mention that u guys supported me full-heartedly too, esp for this concert. It feels wonderful, being with u guys ,feeling so bonded and all. In fact, it must be our size that made it so fast n easy to bond together (but u still come in 2nd aftr yqp <3) thanks for fully accepting me. I was afraid u guys wont, esp when i m the only girl. love you guys too! <3

Oh and of course, the are some people i would like to mention specially:
Yuka: for helping me get changed into my costume so many times as quick as possible. I couldn't imagine how i would have fared if u weren't there.

wei lao shi: (thou u cant read english) for your guidance and advices on my solo item, helping me improve and such.

julian: thanks for specially going down to bradell(gosh is this how u spell it?!) all the way frm the east :( and waiting for almost 1 hour (thou u deserve it ok!) for me and then to my house to help me with the tons of instruments i had to bring to school. Thanks for going all the way to nygh with me. Thanks for helping me out with the shou gu (that particualr ge session :P) and the lending of gu chuis. I promise i'll find it back for u! or buy a new one :P haha. Thanks for all the encouraging words u showered me with from long before the concert till now, even after the concert.Thanks for believing in us, yqp, and giving us support in anyway you can, from helping us with longteng (such long times) and giving us encouragements by the things u did for us. We really appriciate it very very much. Thou not obvious, but u did affect us in some way. Thakns for being the best brother i'd ever had.

Lim qing: for lending me your jacket- i completely forgot to bring mine! shit! haha

To everyone else and those that i forget to mention and thsoe that i mentioned , THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

No comments: